The foundation for the development of Small Wind systems in Greece came with the adoption of Law 3851/2010 in which
- the environmental permitting requirements were identified,
- investors were exempted from the exemption decisions,
- special tariff was formed for turbines < 50kW
- investors were exempted from the need of wind potential measurements for the granting of licenses.
Critical parameter for the investment remains the knowledge of the wind potential of the area of installation.
Ensuring the wind blows: Just ask 2EN how
2EN is your ONE STOP shop for small wind turbine systems. If you are a farmer,
if you own commercial/manufacturing facilities or if you are interested in net-metering applications,
we are your essential partner. We provide all range of services:
- Site Assessment
Small Wind Turbines delivered with the Reliability of 2EN
- Horizontal Axis Small Wind Turbines (HASWT)
- Vertical Axis Small Wind Turbines (VAWT)
Minimize risk, Maximize income
The categories of wind potential in annual mean wind speed (m/sec) are as follows:
- Poor <4
- Low 4 – 5,5
- Moderate 5,5 -7
- High 7 - 9
- Strong >9
In areas with moderate or high wind potential there is less investment risk.
In other wind speed classes, uncertainty is greater due to the facts:
- At low wind potential, it is impossible to know the payback period of the investment.
- In high wind potential, it is impossible to know if the turbine will stand the weather conditions.
- It is economical useful to choose the optimal value for money height of the tower.
Therefore, wind potential measurements on the installation site will eliminate the element of uncertainty and will create added value to the investment.
Regarding funding, banks require to obtain clear credentials in relation to the ability of the investment to repay the loans.